Eastern Washington edges Montana State 75-73Jan 10, 2010 - 11:36 PM BOZEMAN, Mont.(AP) -- Glen Dean hit a running 10-foot bank shot in traffic with 3.8 seconds to play as Eastern Washington surprised Montana State 75-73 Sunday.
Dean, who had game highs of 23 points, seven assists and six rebounds, hit the game-winning shot after Montana State's Marquis Navarre tied the score on a driving layup with 21.8 seconds remaining.
Navarre scored 17 points to lead the Bobcats (9-7, 4-2), who came into the game tied for first in the Big Sky.
Mark Dunn added 16 points and Laron Griffin had 10 for the Eagles (6-11, 2-2).
Dean, a freshman, broke the Bobcats' full-court press, dribbled for several seconds beyond the top of the key, drove around two defenders and hit his shot over the outstretched arms of two more Montana State players.
Will Bynum had a chance to tie the game, but his leaning 8-footer bounced off the rim at the buzzer.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 75
MONTANA ST 73 FINAL
Jan 10 6:07 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 37
MONTANA ST 42 HALFTIME
Jan 10 4:50 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23