Cal State Northridge tops Seattle 98-90Jan 12, 2010 - 7:42 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Vinnie McGhee scored 22 points and Lenny Daniel had 11 points and 12 rebounds as Cal State Northridge defeated Seattle 98-90 Monday night.
Kenny Daniels had 19 points for the Matadors (5-10) and Rashaun McLemore had a career-high 14 points.
Seattle's Charles Garcia scored 34 points and had 14 rebounds to lead all players. Aaron Broussard scored 18 points and Chris Gweth 13 for the Redhawks (7-11).
Northridge led 71-55 with 7:25 remaining, but Seattle closed to within 77-71 less than three minutes later. Much of the rest of the game was at the free-throw line where the Matadors were able to hold the lead.
The game featured 61 fouls and 83 free-throw attempts. The Matadors were 34-for-49 from the line while Seattle was 23-for-34.
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 98 FINAL
Jan 12 1:55 AM
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 40 HALFTIME
Jan 12 12:28 AM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20