Davidson beats Furman 86-81Jan 14, 2010 - 2:51 AM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Will Archambault scored 15 points, including four in the final 14 seconds, helping Davidson hold off Furman 86-81 on Wednesday night.
The Wildcats were up 11 points with just over 1 minute remaining when Amu Saaka almost single-handedly put the Paladins back in the game. He hit two 3s and a free throw in the span of about 30 seconds, sparking a 13-2 Furman run in less than a minute to pull within 82-80.
But Archambault dunked it home to put Davidson up 84-80, grabbed a rebound and hit both free throws after being fouled to seal it in the final seconds.
J.P. Kuhlman added 14 points for the Wildcats (8-9, 3-2 Southern Conference), Steve Rossiter had 13 and Jake Cohen 11.
Saaka, who set his career-high point total (31) in Furman's loss at North Carolina-Greensboro on Saturday, set a new career best with 34 points for the Paladins (8-8, 2-3).
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7