Mintz leads Lafayette to 95-82 win over ColgateJan 14, 2010 - 3:42 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Jared Mintz scored 22 points and Ryan Willen added 19 as Lafayette cruised to a 95-82 win over Colgate on Wednesday night.
The Leopards (11-6, 2-0 Patriot League) had their highest point total of the season while winning their fourth straight game and seventh of their last eight. Mintz was 7-for-10 from the floor and 8-for-9 from the foul line. Willen, the reigning Patriot League Player of the Week, was 6-for-8 from the floor.
Lafayette outshot Colgate 56.6 percent (30-for-53) to 48.1 percent (26-for-54) despite 31 points from the Raiders' Kyle Roemer, who was 11-for-11 from the foul line.
The Leopards were 9-for-20 from 3-point range and made 26 of 36 free throws. Lafayette never let Colgate closer than nine points in the second half and led 81-58 with 9:16 left.
Yaw Gyawu added 22 points for the Raiders (5-11, 1-1), who snapped a four-game winning streak.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13