Texas A&M-Corpus Christi tops Texas State 68-59Jan 14, 2010 - 4:05 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer scored 15 points, 12 of them at the free-throw line, as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi defeated Texas State 68-59 Wednesday night.
Justin Reynolds scored 14 points for the Islanders (7-8, 2-0 Southland), Terence Jones had 11 and Demond Watt had 10 points and seven rebounds.
Cameron Johnson led Texas State (7-9, 1-1) with 13 points and nine rebounds. Ryan White had 12 points.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi led 34-22 at halftime, with half of the Islanders' points coming off 16 Bobcat turnovers. Texas State finished with 21 turnovers.
The Islanders had a 45-27 lead with 14 1/2 minutes to play, but Texas State went on an 11-0 run. The Bobcats trailed 58-55 with under two minutes remaining before Texas A&M-Corpus Christi sealed the victory, making five free throws in the final minute.
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 53, Stephen F.Austin 60 Mar 11
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi holds on in 82-79 win Mar 6