Missouri hangs on to top Texas Tech 94-89 in OTJan 14, 2010 - 4:55 AM By BETSY BLANEY Associated Press Writer
LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Marcus Denmon and Kim English scored 20 points each to lead Missouri to a 94-89 win over Texas Tech in overtime Wednesday night.
The Tigers scored on their first five possessions in overtime to go up 90-86. The Red Raiders pulled within 90-89 on a 3-point play by Brad Reese with 1:01 to go. But Denmon and Michael Dixon hit two free throws each to seal it for Missouri (14-3, 2-0 Big 12).
The game went into overtime after Texas Tech scored 13 points in the final 1:01, including two 3-pointers by Reese, one by Nick Okorie and a layup by Mike Singletary to pull the Red Raiders within 79-77 with 25.5 seconds remaining.
John Roberson hit two free throws with 15.8 seconds left to tie it 79-79 and force overtime.
Roberson scored 25 points - all in the second half - to lead the Red Raiders (12-4, 0-2).
- NCAA BB
FINAL IN 1ST OT 1ST 2ND 1OT TOTAL
--- --- --- -----
MISSOURI 32 47 15 94
TEXAS TECH 29 50 10 94 FINAL IN 1ST OT
HIGH SCORERS: MISSOURI - MARCUS DENMON 20, KIM ENGLISH 20,
ZAIRE TAYLOR 12
TEXAS TECH - JOHN ROBERSON 25, BRAD REESE 20,
DAVID TAIRU 13
Jan 13 11:36 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS TECH 29 HALFTIME
Jan 13 9:55 PM
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29