North Dakota State upends South Dakota State 79-67Jan 16, 2010 - 3:27 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Eric Carlson scored a career-high 23 points and North Dakota State started the second half with a 13-2 surge in a 79-67 victory over South Dakota State on Friday night.
Sam Sussenguth scored a career-best 16 points for the Bison (6-10, 3-3 Summit League), who had lost six of their last seven. Michael Tveidt had a double-double of 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Josh Vaughan scored 14 points with a game-high six assists.
Garrett Callahan scored 15 points and Anthony Cordova 14 for the Jackrabbits (9-9, 5-2), whose four-game winning streak was snapped.
Trailing 42-34 at intermission, North Dakota State started the second half with a 13-2 run highlighted by Vaughan's back-to-back 3-pointers for a 47-44 lead with 15:40 left.
The Bison later led 60-59 before going on a 12-4 run for a 72-63 edge that put it out of reach.
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 67
NO DAKOTA ST 79 FINAL
Jan 15 9:55 PM
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 42
NO DAKOTA ST 34 HALFTIME
Jan 15 8:48 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14