Long Island U. 67, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 86Jan 16, 2010 - 9:36 PM EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Jeremy Goode had 17 points and 10 assists, and Mount St. Mary's (Md.) snapped Long Island University's three-game winning streak 86-67 on Saturday.
Jean Cajou added 16 points, Kelly Beidler had 15 points and 11 rebounds, and Tayvon Jackson scored 12 for the Mountaineers (5-12, 2-4 Northeast Conference), who had lost 10 of their previous 11 games.
The Mountaineers never trailed and used a 24-6 run in the first half, capped by a 3-pointer by Beidler, to build a 37-15 lead with 3:53 left in the half. The Mountaineers led by as many as 24 points in the second half.
Strong shooting propelled the Mountaineers, who shot 59.6 percent from the field (31 of 52). They also made 9 of 15 (60 percent) from 3-point range.
Kenny Onyechi scored 15 points, Michael Culpo added 11, and Jaytornah Wisseh and Arnold Mayorga each had 10 for the Blackbirds (7-10, 5-1).
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Green's triple-double leads MSU past Long Island Mar 17
- Spartans hope to avoid upset in NCAA Tourney clash with Blackbirds Mar 16