N.C.-Wilmington 56, Northeastern 79Jan 16, 2010 - 8:56 PM BOSTON (AP) -- Chaisson Allen scored 14 points and had seven assists to help Northeastern defeat North Carolina-Wilmington 79-56 for its ninth-straight win on Saturday.
The Huskies (11-7, 6-1 Colonial Athletic Association) used a 25-5 run, including 14 straight, to go up 27-7 on Alwayne Bigby's layup with 6:54 left in the first half.
Northeastern shot 56 percent (17 of 30) and held the Seahawks (6-11, 2-5) to 30.4 percent shooting (7 of 23) in the first half for a 41-21 halftime advantage.
Nkem Ojougboh added 12 points and Manny Adako 10 for the Huskies, who are on their longest winning streak since 1986-87. Northeastern is also on its longest CAA streak - six games - since joining the league in 2005.
Northeastern led by as many as 70-35 on Joel Smith's layup with 7:34 remaining.
Chad Tomko scored 17 points and John Fields added 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Seahawks.
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3