Miami (Ohio) sinks Ohio 79-67Jan 16, 2010 - 8:53 PM OXFORD, Ohio(AP) -- Julian Mavunga scored 18 points and Antonio Ballard recorded a double-double, helping Miami of Ohio coach Charlie Coles set a new Mid-American Conference career wins record with a 79-67 victory over Ohio on Saturday.
It was Coles' 195th win, propelling him into first place on the all-time MAC wins list. Coles, in his 14th season leading Miami, became the all-time leader in victories for the RedHawks in a 67-60 win over Bowling Green on Jan. 2, 2009.
The RedHawks (5-11, 2-1) had a season-high four players score in double figures. Kenny Hayes finished with 16 points, Adam Fletcher had 13 and Ballard added 11. He also grabbed 13 rebounds.
Miami was down eight at the break, but used a 17-0 spurt coming out of halftime to run away with the game.
D.J. Cooper scored 22 points to lead the Bobcats (9-8, 0-3), who are on a three-game skid since opening MAC play.
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 79 FINAL
Jan 16 2:14 PM
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 29 HALFTIME
Jan 16 12:54 PM
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6