Foote paces Cornell in 74-53 win over ColumbiaJan 17, 2010 - 12:14 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Jeff Foote got his sixth double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds as Cornell defeated Columbia 74-53 in the Ivy League opener for both teams.
Ryan Wittman and Chris Wroblewski added 13 points apiece for the Big Red, who were coming off an 82-37 win over Division III Clarkson.
Cornell (15-3), the two-time defending Ivy League champion, has won three straight since losing a close game to then-No. 1 Kansas 71-66 and never trailed to extend its conference home win streak to 16 games.
The Big Red held the Lions to one field goal during a 6-minute stretch in the first half and led 39-21 at the break.
Cornell, which led by as many as 32 points, shot 46.2 percent from the field (24-for-52) and hit 11 of 26 3-pointers. Columbia shot 36.8 percent (21-for-57) and was 2-for-10 from beyond the arc.
Kevin Bulger paced the Lions (6-9) with nine points.
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 74 FINAL
Jan 16 6:24 PM
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 39 HALFTIME
Jan 16 5:23 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8