Central Conn. State beats Sacred Heart 88-65Jan 16, 2010 - 11:08 PM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Shemik Thompson scored a career-high 27 points as Central Connecticut State snapped a six-game losing streak with a 88-65 victory over Sacred Heart on Saturday.
Chris Baskerville posted his first career double-double, scoring 14 points and grabbing 10 rebounds for the Blue Devils (5-12, 2-4 Northeast Conference). Devan Bailey also had a career-high with 12 points, and Markeys Deans had 12 as well.
Leading by just one point early, the Blue Devils used a 15-2 run over a span of 4:44 to take a 28-14 lead with just over 10 minutes to play. During the run, Deans and Bailey hit a 3 apiece and Thompson tallied seven points.
The 14-point advantage was the largest lead of the season for Central Connecticut State.
Corey Hassan scored 19 points to lead the Pioneers (10-7, 3-3).
The teams meet again in Fairfield, Conn., on Thursday.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 65
CENTRAL CONN 88 FINAL
Jan 16 5:20 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 31
CENTRAL CONN 43 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:19 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31