Jacksonville State holds off Tenn.-Martin 73-63Jan 17, 2010 - 2:36 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Nick Murphy scored 22 points to lead Jacksonville State to a 73-63 victory over Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
Trenton Marshall, who entered the game leading the Ohio Valley Conference in scoring (18.6 points), added 16 points for the Gamecocks (7-10, 3-4).
Jacksonville State tied the score at 39 on Murphy's layup with 13:33 remaining and took its first lead of the second half on Marshall's 3-pointer with 12:42 to play.
MJ Brown hit a jumper to tie the score at 43 with 10:44 to play, but Jacksonville State took the lead for good on Marshall's free throw with 10:20 left.
Stephen Hall had 10 points, 13 rebounds and six assists for the Gamecocks, who won for the second time in eight games.
Marquis Weddle and Brown scored 11 points each for Tennessee-Martin (2-14, 0-7), which has lost five straight games. Cataurius Taylor added 10 points.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 73
UT MARTIN 63 FINAL
Jan 16 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 29
UT MARTIN 29 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:50 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13