Arkansas-Pine Bluff prevails 64-51 in home openerJan 17, 2010 - 5:38 AM PINE BLUFF, Ark.(AP) -- Tyree Glass finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds and George Davis added 14 points as Arkansas-Pine Bluff prevailed in its home opener, 64-51 over Southern on Saturday night.
The Golden Lions (3-12, 3-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference) finally had a home game after playing their first 14 contests this season on the road to earn revenue for the athletic department.
Jazz Williams and Blake Sanford each scored 10 points to lead the Jaguars (3-14, 1-4).
Pine Bluff led 28-27 at halftime and pulled away early in the second half with a 12-2 run for a 46-31 advantage with 10:59 to play. The Lions later pushed their lead to 18 before Southern pulled to as close as 57-49 with 3:29 remaining.
Pine Bluff dominated inside, outscoring the Jaguars 47-22 in the paint.
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- No. 19 Michigan State cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans seeks turnaround against Golden Lions Dec 6
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22
- Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 22
- Southern hits road seeking upset of No. 12 Baylor Dec 22