Cent. Michigan 61, W. Michigan 70Jan 16, 2010 - 10:11 PM KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) -- Donald Lawson and David Kool scored 17 points apiece to lead Western Michigan to a 70-61 victory over Central Michigan on Saturday.
Lawson and Kool combined to go 12-for-15 from the floor for the Broncos (10-6, 2-1 Mid-American), who outshot Central Michigan 48.9 percent to 29.8 percent. Kool now has 1,728 points to move into third place on the Broncos' all-time scoring list.
Jordan Bitzer scored 20 points and Robbie Harman 19 for the Chippewas (7-8, 2-1), whose three-game winning streak was snapped.
Western Michigan never trailed, and the game was tied only at 1-1 and 3-3.
Leading 10-8, the Broncos began an 11-0 spurt in which five players scored, capped by Alex Wolf's basket to make it 21-8 with 10:39 left in the opening half.
Central Michigan got within 62-59 on Jalin Thomas' basket with 1:51 left but could climb no closer.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 61
WESTRN MICHIGAN 70 FINAL
Jan 16 4:22 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 25
WESTRN MICHIGAN 39 HALFTIME
Jan 16 3:09 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Leslie and Wolfpack take down Broncos Dec 29
- No. 23 Wolfpack welcome Broncos to Raleigh Dec 29