Coastal Carolina dominates High Points 75-58Jan 16, 2010 - 9:33 PM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards scored 28 points and Chad Gray added 20 to lead Coastal Carolina to an easy 75-58 win over High Point on Saturday.
Joseph Harris recorded a double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds for the Chanticleers (17-3, 7-1 Big South Conference), who had their 12-game winning streak snapped in a 62-52 loss to Radford on Jan. 14.
Coastal Carolina never trailed against the Panthers (9-8, 4-3), opening the game with a 22-2 lead. High Point, which shot 33.8 percent (23-for-68) in the game, made only one field goal in the first 11:16 of play.
The Chanticleers shot 54.3 percent (25-for-46) from the field.
Eugene Harris led the Panthers with 25 points on 9-of-19 shooting from the floor and 4 of 9 from beyond the 3-point line. Corey Law finished with 10 points and eight rebounds.
Kierre Greenwood had 10 points for Coastal Carolina.
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20