Nicholls St sinks Stephen F Austin 70-63Jan 16, 2010 - 9:34 PM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 19 points and went 10-for-10 from the free throw line, leading Nicholls State to a 70-63 win over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday.
Fred Hunter added 15 points and Chris Iles had 11 for the Colonels (6-10, 2-1 Southland Conference), who have won six of their last eight since opening the season on an eight-game slide.
Iles followed Bose's perfect night at the line by going 6-for-8 for the Colonels, who shot 76.5 percent from the stripe (26-for-34).
Stephen F. Austin shot 62.5 percent from the foul line (15-for-24).
The Lumberjacks (11-5, 1-2) led 15-14 with 7:11 left to play in the first half, but Dominic Friend's 3-pointer sparked a 7-0 Colonels run and they never trailed again. Nicholls State led 28-20 at halftime.
Jereal Scott scored 18 points to lead the Lumberjacks.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23