Washington State defeats Stanford 77-73Jan 17, 2010 - 12:13 AM By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press Writer
PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Klay Thompson scored 27 points and Washington State barely held on to beat Stanford 77-73 on Saturday.
Reggie Moore was 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final 50 seconds for Washington State (13-5, 3-3 Pac-10), which kept the Cardinal from culminating a furious comeback.
Jeremy Green scored 24 points for Stanford (8-9, 2-3), including 12 in the final five minutes as the Cardinal erased a deficit that stood at 17 points with eight minutes remaining.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 77 FINAL
Jan 16 6:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 46 HALFTIME
Jan 16 5:52 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13