Brown guides Bradley over Missouri State 74-56Jan 16, 2010 - 10:44 PM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Taylor Brown's fourth double-double of the season led five Bradley players in double figures in a 74-56 victory over Missouri State on Saturday.
Brown had 16 points and a career-high 12 rebounds for the Braves (8-9, 3-4 Missouri Valley), who ended a two-game losing streak.
Will Egolf contributed a career-best 14 points, Sam Maniscalco 13, Andrew Warren 11 and Chris Roberts 10 as Bradley shot 52.8 percent (28 of 53).
Adam Leonard led the Bears (13-5, 3-4) with 17 points, including 5 of 11 from 3-point range. Kyle Weems scored 10.
After Leonard opened the game with a 3-pointer, Bradley reeled off 14 of the next 16 points to lead 14-5 - and 10 of those points came from Brown. The Braves pushed that to 38-23 at intermission.
The Bears trimmed their deficit to 64-51 with 7:14 to play, but Bradley answered with 10 straight points.
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21