Campbell knocks off Stetson 81-55Jan 16, 2010 - 10:51 PM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 17 points and had seven rebounds to lead Campbell to an 81-55 victory over Stetson on Saturday.
Rodriguez was 6-for-10 from the floor and is just 15 points from breaking the school's career scoring mark of 1,947 points, set by Sam Staggers from 1973-77. He became the school's career rebounding leader on Thursday.
Campbell (11-5, 6-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) is off to its best start since 1993-94 and has not led the Atlantic Sun this late in the season since joining the conference in 1994-95.
The Camels, who have won five of six, opened the game on a 17-4 run and increased their advantage to 30-14 on Preston Dodson's layup with 7:34 left.
Lorne Merthie scored 16, Dodson added 14 and William Kossangue scored 12. Junard Hartley had 13 assists for Campbell.
Ridge Graham and Tyshawn Patterson scored 14 points each for Stetson (4-12, 2-6).
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20