Hardeman leads New Mexico past Wyoming 70-68Jan 16, 2010 - 10:58 PM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- A.J. Hardeman scored a career-high 18 points as New Mexico held off Wyoming 70-68 on Saturday.
The Lobos (16-3, 2-2 Mountain West) took advantage of three straight Wyoming turnovers after the score was tied at 58, scoring six straight points, and never trailed again. Until that point, there were four ties and seven lead changes in the second half.
Afam Muojeke led the Cowboys (8-10, 1-3) with 16 points. Adam Waddell and Djibril Thiam added 11 each.
Phillip McDonald and Darrington Hobson both scored 15 points for New Mexico.
Wyoming still had a chance in the final minute of the game, trailing by three and in possession of the basketball, but Muojeke was called for an offensive foul. The Lobos hit four free throws in the final 30 seconds to clinch the win.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO 70
WYOMING 68 FINAL
Jan 16 5:39 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO 28
WYOMING 29 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:25 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- UNM investigating purchasing activity on staffer's card Dec 22
- Lobos forward's career over because of spinal condition Nov 19
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17