Morehead State defeats Eastern Illinois 73-51Jan 17, 2010 - 12:07 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Morehead State defeat Eastern Illinois 73-51 for its eighth straight win on Saturday.
The Eagles (12-6, 7-1 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 29 points off of 18 Panthers turnovers and scored 17 second-chance points.
Morehead State took a 17-6 lead on back-to-back 3-pointers from Maze Stallworth with 13:51 left in the first half.
Terrance Hill capped a 7-for-13 performance for Morehead State from long range in the first half with a 3-pointer at the buzzer for a 40-27 halftime lead.
Eastern Illinois (10-8, 4-4) opened the second half with four turnovers in its first six possessions, sparking an 11-0 run by Morehead State.
Stallworth finished with 15 points and Steve Peterson and Sam Goodman added 10 apiece for the Eagles.
Shaun Pratl paced the Panthers with 15 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21