Lipscomb defeats North Florida 79-55Jan 17, 2010 - 2:56 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 29 points for his 44th consecutive game in double figures and Lipscomb defeated North Florida 79-55 on Saturday.
The scoring streak is the longest active streak in the nation, and sets a record for the most consecutive games with double figures in Atlantic Sun history.
Hodzic was 9 of 12 from the field and 11 of 17 from the free throw line as the Bisons (9-8, 6-2) won for the fifth time out of its last six.
Lipscomb held the Ospreys (9-9, 4-4) to 40.5 percent from the field (17 of 42) and is 8-1 when holding opponents under 50 percent shooting.
The Bisons outrebounded North Florida 36-26, and scored 32 points in the paint.
The Ospreys, who had a three-game winning streak snapped, turned the ball over 16 times and had just five assists.
Jerron Granberry paced North Florida with 13 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 55 FINAL
Jan 16 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 29 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:57 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29