College of Charleston beats Chattanooga 90-66Jan 16, 2010 - 10:37 PM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 22 points as the College of Charleston beat Chattanooga 90-66 on Saturday.
Tony White, Jr. scored 19 points for the Cougars (11-6, 6-0 Southern Conference), who won their fifth straight. Donavan Monroe chipped in with 15 points and Jeremy Simmons had 14. The Cougars, who won by their largest margin at McKenzie Arena, are 6-0 in league play for the first time since the 2003-04 season.
Goudelock scored 14 points and Monroe added 10 as the Cougars cruised to an 11-point lead at halftime. Charleston outscored Chattanooga 43-30 in the second half to seal the win.
Charleston shot 50 percent from the floor (33-for-66) and the Mocs shot just 39 percent from the floor (23-for-59).
The Mocs (11-7, 3-2) were paced by Ricky Taylor with 14 points and Jeremy Saffore with 12 points.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24