New Mexico State defeats Fresno State 86-77Jan 17, 2010 - 4:34 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Jahmar Young scored 26 points and Jonathan Gibson added 25 as New Mexico State earned an 86-77 victory over Fresno State on Saturday night.
In the second half, the Aggies (11-7, 4-1 WAC) were 8 of 16 from 3-point range and outscored Fresno State 52-34.
Sylvester Seay led the Bulldogs (10-9, 3-2) with 22 points, and Mike Ladd added 15.
A 19-1 run, which included three 3-pointers by Young and two by Gibson, put New Mexico State up 69-54 with 9:45 remaining.
The Bulldogs closed to within three on a Greg Smith follow with 1:01 left, but a Gibson driving layup and two Young free throws sealed the win for the Aggies.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27