UC Santa Barbara defeats UC Riverside 63-56Jan 17, 2010 - 5:34 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- James Nunnally scored 20 points and Orlando Johnson added 16 as UC Santa Barbara posted a 63-56 victory against UC Riverside on Saturday.
Will Brew scored 11 points for the Gauchos (9-7, 4-2 Big West).
Kyle Austin had 25 points for UC Riverside (7-10, 1-4), and Lateef McMullan added 10.
Santa Barbara broke open a tie game with a 17-7 run midway through the second half. Nunnally had 11 points during the run, which gave the Gauchos a 56-46 lead with 5:28 remaining.
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11
- Gauchos greet 49ers in Big West title game Mar 10
- Rebels down UCSB in double overtime Dec 1