Bowling Green rallies to beat Kent State 76-70Jan 17, 2010 - 10:34 PM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Scott Thomas scored 27 points and Dee Brown added 21 to lead Bowling Green past Kent State 76-70 on Sunday.
The Falcons (8-7, 1-2 Mid-American Conference) trailed 35-28 at halftime before getting 18 points from Thomas and 15 from Brown.
Bowling Green trailed 66-63 with 2:23 remaining before two free throws by Thomas, and a 3-pointer by Brown, put the Falcons up for good, 68-60 with 1:04 remaining.
The Golden Flashes (10-7, 1-2) pulled within 70-67 on Chris Singletary's free throw with 33 seconds left. But the Falcons scored six straight points to pull away. Thomas capped the run on two free throws with 12 seconds to play.
Joe Jakubowski had 11 assists for Bowling Green, which shot 57.7 percent in the second half.
Mike McKee paced the Falcons with 20 points. Justin Green, Tyree Evans and Singletary scored 13 points each for Bowling Green.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 76
KENT ST 70 FINAL
Jan 17 3:59 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 28
KENT ST 35 HALFTIME
Jan 17 2:49 PM
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- No. 20 Michigan State gets by Bowling Green Dec 19
- 20th-ranked Spartans hit the road to face Falcons Dec 18
- Michigan State holds off Bowling Green Dec 18
- Falcons fly into East Lansing seeking upset of 21st-ranked Spartans Dec 17