Northern Arizona defeats Portland State 93-86Jan 17, 2010 - 11:24 PM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Cameron Jones scored 24 points to lead Northern Arizona to a 93-86 win over Portland State on Sunday.
Shane Johannsen added 19 points for the Lumberjacks (9-9, 3-4 Big Sky), who snapped the Vikings' 13-game home winning streak. Eric Platt chipped in 18 points.
Dominic Waters led Portland State (8-10, 3-3) with 26 points. Phil Nelson added 20 points.
Northern Arizona shot a sizzling 71 percent from the floor for the game. After hitting their first nine shots, and 13 of their first 16, the Lumberjacks put the game away with a 23-6 run that spanned eight minutes of both halves. They led 52-34 after Julian Olubuyi hit a 3-pointer with 16:23 to play.
The Vikings closed to within five points late in the game but the Lumberjacks held on.
Northern Arizona's reserves outscored Portland State's bench 47-11.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13
- Lumberjacks try to chop down Runnin' Rebels Nov 12