Dartmouth beats St. Francis 65-64 in final secondJan 19, 2010 - 2:50 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- David Rufful converted a three-point play with .9 seconds left to give Dartmouth a 65-64 win over St. Francis, N.Y. on Monday night.
Rufful, who finished with 16 points, pulled down a defensive rebound on Ayeni Kayode's missed free throw. Rufful was then fouled by Stefan Perunicic as he was going up for a layup.
The final score was the first time the Big Green (4-11) led since 12:06 to go.
Dartmouth led 36-27 at halftime, before the Terriers opened the second half on a 14-3 run. Kayode's layup capped the run for a 41-39 St. Francis lead. The Terriers (7-10) built their lead to as many as six points three times, the final on Akeem Johnson's layup to make it 59-53 with 2:18 left.
Robby Pride scored 21 points for the Big Green, who shot 53.7 percent from the field (22 of 41).
Ricky Cadell had 23 points for the Terriers, who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 64
DARTMOUTH 65 FINAL
Jan 18 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 27
DARTMOUTH 36 HALFTIME
Jan 18 7:50 PM
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68 Mar 6
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43 Mar 5
- Brown rolls past Dartmouth 76-57 Feb 27
- Central Connecticut State beats St. Francis 68-56 Feb 27