Niagara beats Marist 72-56Jan 19, 2010 - 3:25 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Rob Garrison scored 18 points and Niagara snapped a three-game losing streak with a 72-56 win over Marist on Monday night.
Tyrone Lewis added 17 points, Bilal Benn had 13 and Kashief Edwards scored 10 for the Purple Eagles (11-9, 4-4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference).
The Purple Eagles led 34-30 at halftime and went on an 11-1 run to start the second half. Edwards capped the run on a free throw for a 45-31 lead with 16:41 to play.
Niagara's lead never dipped below double digits the rest of the way. The Purple Eagles grabbed their biggest lead at 70-48 after two free throws by Garrison with 2:27 remaining.
Niagara scored 18 points off 18 Marist turnovers and made 11 steals, including five by Garrison.
Dave Kaba scored 12 points, Korey Bauer added 11 and Devin Price had 10 for the Red Foxes (1-17, 1-7), who lost for the sixth time in a row.
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- No. 24 Missouri routs Niagara Nov 17
- Niagara faces tall task in clash with No. 24 Missouri Nov 17
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Fairfield rallies past Niagara 69-63 Mar 7
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6