Howard holds off Norfolk State 82-77Jan 19, 2010 - 4:48 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Calvin Thompson scored 24 points and Dadrian Collins had 21, leading Howard to an 82-77 win over Norfolk State on Monday night.
Curtis White added 18 points and Kandi Mukole had 11 for the Bison (5-14, 4-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won three straight and four of five. The Bison opened the season with 13 losses in their first 14 games.
Collins also grabbed a team-high eight rebounds and nailed four 3-pointers for the Bison, who were 11-for-24 from beyond the arc (45.8 percent).
The Spartans finished just 5-for-16 from long range (31.3 percent).
Michael Deloach scored 22 points and Rob Hampton had 21 for the Spartans (3-13, 2-3), who had their first two-game winning streak of the season snapped.
The Spartans lost despite outscoring Howard 40-18 in the paint and 8-0 on the fastbreak.
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18
- Norfolk State hopes dream run continues in clash with Florida Mar 18