Drexel pulls away to beat James Madison 78-57Jan 21, 2010 - 4:04 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored 20 points and Samme Givens had 15 rebounds as Drexel scored a season-high 51 second-half points to defeat James Madison 78-57 on Wednesday night.
James Madison (8-10, 2-6 Colonial Athletic Association) led 29-27 at halftime and increased its lead to five before the Dragons (10-10, 5-3) went on a 14-2 run, including eight points by Harris, to lead 43-36.
The Dragons put the game out of reach when Harris scored eight straight points, including two 3-pointers, for a 68-50 lead.
Drexel shot 61.3 percent (19-for-31) in the second half.
The Dragons were 8-for-11 on 3-pointers in the second half after making three of their previous 32 3-point attempts over two games and the first half. Harris was 4-for-5 on 3-pointers and Chris Fouch, whose 13 points all came in the second half, was 3-for-4 behind the arc.
Denzel Bowles' 19 points led James Madison.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9