Green helps Charlotte rally to beat Richmond 71-59Jan 21, 2010 - 2:23 AM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Derrio Green scored eight points during a 15-3 spurt in the second half and Charlotte rallied to beat Richmond 71-59 on Wednesday night.
The 49ers (13-5, 3-1 Atlantic 10) snapped a nine-game road losing streak in the Atlantic 10 and a four-game skid against the Spiders. For the 15th time in 18 games, Charlotte was involved in a contest that finished with a double-digit points differential.
Richmond (14-6, 3-2) failed in its effort to set a school record with a 10-0 start at home.
A pair of David Gonzalves from 3-point range gave the Spiders a 45-41 lead with 12:44 left. Charlotte ran off the next 11 points, sparked by two 3-pointers by Green. After Justin Harper hit a 3, the 49ers stretched the lead to 56-48 with 5:27 left.
The Spiders were held to one field goal over 10:46.
The 49ers pulled away by hitting 9 of 10 free throws over the final 1:20.
- NCAA BB
RICHMOND 59 FINAL
Jan 20 9:02 PM
- NCAA BB
RICHMOND 27 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:48 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24