Ball State defeats Western Michigan, 75-68Jan 21, 2010 - 3:05 AM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Randy Davis made 14 of 16 from the free-throw line and scored 21 points as Ball State defeated Western Michigan 75-68 in Mid-American Conference play Wednesday night.
Terrence Watson posted a double-double (12 points and 11 rebounds) and Pierre Snead added 13 points to the victory.
The Cardinals (8-8, 2-2) started the game on a 17-4 run and would carry a 36-18 lead into halftime. The Bearkats (10-7, 2-2) would cut the lead down to 6 points off an Alex Wolf 3-pointer with 52-seconds left to make it 70-64. Ball State never trailed in the game and led by as many 21 in the first half.
The Bearkats were led by David Kool's 22 points, 18 of which came in the second half. Wolf had 18 points and was 3 of 4 from 3-point range.
Western Michigan's bench outscored its starters 41 to 27 and outscored Ball State's bench by 25.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 68
BALL ST 75 FINAL
Jan 20 9:25 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 18
BALL ST 36 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:58 PM
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15