Central Michigan tops Eastern Michigan, 71-63Jan 21, 2010 - 2:44 AM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Jordan Bitzer scored 28 points to lead Central Michigan past Eastern Michigan 71-63 Wednesday night.
Jalin Thomas scored 16 points and Robbie Harman had 15 for the Chippewas (8-8, 3-1 Mid-American), who led by as many as 19 points in the second half.
Five Eastern Michigan players scored in double figures. Carlos Medlock had 16 points, Justin Dobbins 15, Brandon Bowdry and Jay Higgins 11 each, and Antonio Green 10 for the Eagles (9-8, 1-3). Their only lead was after Dobbins scored the game's first basket.
Central Michigan shot 51 percent for the game, and 54 percent in the first half in building a 35-18 lead. The Chippewas held Eastern Michigan to 36 percent.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27