McNeese State defeats Southeastern Louisiana 71-67Jan 21, 2010 - 3:51 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Patrick Richard scored 20 points to help McNeese State defeat Southeastern Louisiana 71-67 on Wednesday night, snapping a five-game losing streak.
The Cowboys (6-11, 1-2 Southland Conference) scored 21 second chance points, 36 points in the paint and outrebounded the Lions 33-30.
Stephan Martin scored 19 points and had five steals and P.J. Alawoya grabbed 11 rebounds for McNeese State.
The Cowboys, who trailed by as many as 14 with 1:16 left in the first half, shot 48.5 percent in the second (16 of 33) and outscored Southeastern Louisiana 43-27 after halftime.
The Lions (10-7, 2-2) shot 56.5 percent in the first half (13 of 23) and led 40-28 at halftime.
Rodney Jones scored 14 points and Patrick Sullivan added 10 for Southeastern Louisiana, which had 20 turnovers.
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 67
MCNEESE ST 71 FINAL
Jan 20 9:51 PM
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 40
MCNEESE ST 28 HALFTIME
Jan 20 8:53 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19