Nicholls St. 50, Cent. Arkansas 64Jan 21, 2010 - 3:55 AM CONWAY, Ark. (AP) -- Tadre Sheppard hit 9 of his 11 shots, scoring 21 points to lead Central Arkansas to a 64-50 victory over Nicholls State on Wednesday night.
Central Arkansas retired the No. 33 jersey of Scottie Pippen at halftime. Pippen was a two-time NAIA All-American for the Bears before becoming a six-time NBA champion with the Chicago Bulls and a member of two Olympic Dream Teams.
Sheppard completed a double-double with 12 rebounds for the Bears (7-11, 1-3 Southland). Mitch Rueter scored 14 points and Chris Poellnitz 11.
Maurice Foster led the Colonels (6-11, 2-2) with 14 points and eight rebounds, and Charles Iles scored 10.
The victory was Central Arkansas' first over a Division I opponent since an 81-71 win at Tennessee-Martin on Dec. 12. The Bears had lost six of their last seven.
The Bears started the game up 9-0 and never trailed.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17