Bradley staves off Southern Illinois charge 57-55Jan 21, 2010 - 3:38 AM CARBONDALE, Ill.(AP) -- Sam Maniscalco scored 21 points and Will Egolf had a double-double as Bradley nearly coughed up a 15-point lead but held on to edge Southern Illinois 57-55 on Wednesday night.
Egolf had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Braves (9-9, 4-4 Missouri Valley), who put together their first two-game winning streak since Nov. 28 and Dec. 2.
Tony Freeman led the Salukis (10-7, 3-5) with 15 points. Anthony Booker had 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Carlton Fay added 14 points.
Bradley rocketed to a 15-0 lead as the Salukis missed their first eight shots. But Southern Illinois responded, trimming the deficit to 21-18 with 5:11 left in the first half.
Fay and Kendal Brown-Surles combined for seven consecutive points to give Southern Illinois its first lead at 55-54 with 2:31 to go. But Maniscalco hit three free throws in the final minute to rescue Bradley.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 55 FINAL
Jan 20 10:04 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 29 HALFTIME
Jan 20 8:59 PM
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28