Cal Poly-SLO edges UC Riverside 67-65Jan 22, 2010 - 5:45 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Shawn Lewis made two free throws with 1.9 seconds remaining to give Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo a 67-65 victory against UC Riverside on Thursday night.
Lewis, who led Cal Poly (7-10, 4-2 Big West) with 16 points, went to the line for three shots after being fouled by Kyle Austin on a shot attempt beyond the arc.
Austin had 17 points for the Highlanders (8-11, 2-5), who lost their fifth straight. He made three free throws in a 52-second span to tie the game at 65-65 with 22 seconds to play.
David Hanson scored 15 points for the Mustangs, and Kyle Odister added 10.
Larry Gurganious had 14 points and seven rebounds for Riverside.
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 65
CAL POLY 67 FINAL
Jan 22 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 32
CAL POLY 36 HALFTIME
Jan 21 10:58 PM
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2