Siena wins 10th straight, 67-61 over LoyolaJan 22, 2010 - 3:44 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Alex Franklin scored 22 points to help Siena defeat Loyola (Md.) 67-61 on Thursday night.
The Saints (16-4, 9-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) scored five straight points over the final 3:35 to win their 10th straight.
Loyola (9-10, 2-7) led 60-54 on two free throws by Robert Olson. But Siena scored eight straight points and took the lead for good on two foul shots by Alex Franklin with 3:35 to go.
Olson's free throw pulled the Greyhounds within 62-61 with 3:35 to go, but they missed two free throws, a layup and a tip-in during the Saints' final spurt.
Ryan Rossiter had 12 points and 13 rebounds and Edwin Ubiles chipped in 18 points for Siena.
Brian Rudolph, Shane Walker and J'hared Hall scored 13 points each for Loyola and Garrett Kelly added 11.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 61
SIENA 67 FINAL
Jan 21 9:02 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 36
SIENA 31 HALFTIME
Jan 21 7:56 PM
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12