Florida Atlantic beats Arkansas-Little Rock 77-74Jan 22, 2010 - 3:03 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Greg Gantt scored a career-high 29 points and Florida Atlantic overcame an early 10-point deficit, then held off Arkansas-Little Rock 77-74 on Thursday night.
The Owls (9-10, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference) trailed 37-27 with 57 seconds left in the first half and 37-32 at the break.
The Trojans (5-14, 1-7), who lost their ninth straight game, led 58-57 with 9:50 to go. Florida Atlantic then used a 15-4 spurt to pull ahead and still led by 10, at 75-65, with 3:52 left.
Arkansas-Little Rock cut it to one on a pair of Solomon Bozeman free throws with 40 seconds remaining. Alex Tucker hit two free throws for 77-74 and Bozeman missed a 3-point attempt with 1 second left.
Bozeman scored 21 to lead the Trojans, who outshot Florida Atlantic 49 percent (25-for-51) to 43.8 percent (28-for-64) from the field, but made just 9 of 15 from long range while the Owls were 13-for-24.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 77 FINAL
Jan 21 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 31 HALFTIME
Jan 21 7:53 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6