College of Charleston defeats Furman 92-80Jan 22, 2010 - 2:43 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 28 points to help the College of Charleston defeat Furman 92-80 on Thursday night.
After Justin Dehm's 3-pointer put Furman (9-9, 3-4 Southern Conference) ahead 55-54 with 13:52 remaining, the Cougars (12-6, 7-0) scored eight straight, and didn't trail the rest of the way.
Andrew Lawrence capped the go-ahead spurt with a 3-pointer with 12:47 left for a 62-55 lead.
The Paladins led 13-10 early, but the Cougars answered with a 15-6 run. Willis Hall's 3 capped the run for a 25-19 lead, and the College of Charleston built a 45-37 advantage at halftime.
Tony White Jr. and Hall scored 12 points each and Donavan Monroe and Lawrence added 11 apiece for the Cougars, who won their sixth straight.
Bryson Barnes scored 17, Amu Saaka 15 and Colin Reddick and Dehm had 11 each for the Paladins.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 92 FINAL
Jan 21 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 45 HALFTIME
Jan 21 8:03 PM
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9