North Texas beats South Alabama 86-78Jan 22, 2010 - 3:49 AM DENTON, Texas(AP) -- Eric Tramiel had a career-high 25 points and added 13 rebounds to lead North Texas to an 86-78 victory against South Alabama on Thursday night.
George Odufuwa had 16 points and 16 rebounds for the Mean Green (12-7, 5-4 Sun Belt), which had five players score in double figures.
Tim Williams and Bryan Sherrer scored 20 points each for South Alabama (12-8, 4-4).
A three-point play by Sherrer made the score 80-78 in North Texas' favor with 46 seconds remaining. But the Mean Green made all six free-throw attempts down the stretch, and Tramiel had a critical block of a 3-point shot attempt by Martino Brock.
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19
- South Alabama upends No. 25 Florida State Nov 10
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- South Alabama comes calling on No. 25 Florida State Nov 9