South Dakota State sneaks past IPFW 65-64Jan 22, 2010 - 4:32 AM BROOKINGS, S.D.(AP) -- Nate Wolters scored 13 of his team's final 15 points, including the go-ahead layup, to hoist South Dakota State to a 65-64 victory over Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne on Thursday night.
The Jackrabbits (10-9, 6-2 Summit) were down by as many as 16 points in the first half and trailed with as little as 6 1/2 minutes to go in the game.
But Wolters sank a 3-pointer, a jumper, the go-ahead layup and six of his next eight tries from the free-throw line to put the Jackrabbits on top.
Deilvez Yearby picked up a double-double for the Mastadons (8-10, 3-5), scoring 13 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. Ben Botts also scored 13 while Jeremy Mixon added 11.
The Jackrabbits' Kai Williams put in 12 points and pulled down 10 rebounds. Anthony Cordova led the game in scoring with 14 points, and Clint Sargent finished with 11.
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 65 FINAL
Jan 21 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 26 HALFTIME
Jan 21 8:49 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28