UMKC holds off Western Illinois 61-57Jan 22, 2010 - 4:00 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- LaTreze Mushatt and Jay Couisnard scored 14 points each and UMKC held off Western Illinois 61-57 Thursday night to end a three-game losing streak.
Spencer Johnson had 10 points and 10 rebounds and Bakari Lewis also had 10 points for the Kangaroos (9-9, 3-4 Summit). The game was close throughout, with UMKC leading by 10 late in the first half, and 33-26 at halftime. The Kangaroos maintained the lead throughout the second half although Western Illinois came within 43-42 midway through the half.
Ceola Clark, who made four of his five 3-point attempts, led all scorers with 16 points for Western Illinois (7-11, 1-6). James Granstra scored 12 for the Leathernecks.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8