Belmont defeats Campbell 66-55, snaps 3-game skidJan 22, 2010 - 4:33 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Mick Hedgepeth scored 12 points and had 12 rebounds for his third double-double of the season to help Belmont defeat Campbell 66-55 on Thursday night.
Keaton Belcher scored 17 points and Ian Clark chipped in 10 for the Bruins (10-9, 5-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Campbell (11-6, 6-2) pulled within 56-55 on Jonathan Rodriguez's basket with 1:46 to go, but committed four turnovers and missed a jump shot in its next five possessions.
Belmont was 7-for-8 from the foul line in the final minute.
The Bruins held Campbell to 37.5 percent shooting from the field (18 of 48), its lowest percentage during conference play.
Rodriguez, who finished with 15 points, became Campbell's all-time leading scorer with 1,948 points. The previous mark of 1,947 was set by Sam Staggers from 1973-77.
Miles Taylor added 14 points for Campbell.
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 66 FINAL
Jan 21 10:36 PM
- NCAA BB
BELMONT 30 HALFTIME
Jan 21 9:25 PM
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17