Harris' 30 points leads Army past Navy 62-56Jan 23, 2010 - 8:12 PM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored 30 points and Navy rallied from a 14-point deficit in the second half to beat Army 62-56 on Saturday.
Harris, who made all four of his 3-point attempts, went 8-for-10 from the floor and 10-for-11 from the free throw line for the Midshipmen (9-11, 3-2 Patriot League).
Jordan Sugars had 15 points and nine rebounds for Navy, which played its 111th game against the Black Knights (12-7, 2-3). The Midshipmen lead the series 69-42.
Navy trailed 39-24 with 16:11 left in the second half when Army's Cleveland Richard made a 3-pointer off a Jeremy Hence assist. But the Midshipmen answered with a 27-5 run to pull ahead by seven on Sugars' two free throws.
Harris and Sugars each scored nine points during Navy's surge. O.J. Avworo finished with 10 points, six assists and four steals.
Julian Simmons was Army's only player to score in double figures with 16.
- NCAA BB
NAVY 62 FINAL
Jan 23 2:24 PM
- NCAA BB
NAVY 19 HALFTIME
Jan 23 12:59 PM
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Army, Penn to play before Duke-Butler game Jul 8
- Lehigh moves past Army 64-45 Mar 3
- American U advances to semis; beats Navy 62-60 Mar 3
- Shazier, Cohen lead Bucknell past Army, 62-51 Feb 27
- Jonson, Roemer lead Colgate past Navy 85-73 Feb 27