Dayton 59, Saint Joseph's 60Jan 24, 2010 - 2:01 AM PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Garrett Williamson scored 15 points and recorded a crucial block in the final seconds to lead St. Joseph's to a 60-59 win over Dayton on Saturday night.
Idris Hilliard added 13 points and six rebounds for the Hawks (7-11, 2-3 Atlantic 10 Conference), who have won two straight for the first time since November.
St. Joseph's held a 60-55 lead after a pair of made free throws from Williamson with 43 seconds left in the game. Dayton's Chris Wright responded with two back-to-back baskets to cut the lead to 60-59 with 15 seconds remaining.
St. Joseph's Charoy Bentley was then sent to the free-throw line, but he missed the front end of a 1-and-1, giving Dayton an opportunity to win the game. But Williamson blocked a jumper from Rob Lowery with 4 seconds left to secure the victory.
Wright led the Flyers (14-5, 3-2) with 28 points on 12-for-20 shooting.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20