Southern Illinois beats Illinois State 81-80 in OTJan 23, 2010 - 10:53 PM CARBONDALE, Ill.(AP) -- Anthony Booker's layup with a minute remaining in overtime held up as the winning basket as Southern Illinois defeated Illinois State 81-80 on Saturday.
Illinois State led 80-77 after Osiris Eldridge's jumper with two minutes to go in the extra period, but the Redbirds didn't score again. Justin Bocot made a pair of free throws with 1:43 left and after Eldridge missed a jumper, Booker scored for the Salukis.
Eldridge, who finished with 16 points, missed three shots in the final minute for Illinois State. The game saw 15 ties and 17 lead changes.
Kevin Dillard led Southern Illinois (11-7, 4-5 Missouri Valley) with 18 points. Bocot had 14 points and eight rebounds.
Dinma Odiakosa and Tony Lewis also scored 16 points for Illinois State (14-6, 5-4), which forced the overtime on Lloyd Phillips' free throws with 30 seconds left in regulation.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 80
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 81 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 23 5:31 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 74
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 74 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 23 5:08 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 46
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 46 HALFTIME
Jan 23 3:59 PM
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11