Valparaiso takes 86-67 win over Loyola of ChicagoJan 23, 2010 - 11:55 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Howard Little scored 15 points and tied his career-best 14 rebounds to lead Valparaiso to a 86-67 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Saturday.
The Crusaders (10-11, 5-4 Horizon) shot a little better than 50 percent from the field, going 31-for-60, and marked a big improvement from Thursday's matchup against Illinois-Chicago in which the team won despite scoring on just 17 of 53 tries.
The Crusaders' Ryan Broekhoff came off the bench to lead the game with 20 points. Brandon Wood finished with 14, while Cory Johnson had 12 and Brandon McPherson 10.
The Ramblers (12-7, 3-6) were up by as many as nine points early in the first half, but lost the lead midway through the period and never got it back.
Walt Gibler led the Ramblers with 17 points, while Terrance Hill added 16 and Geoff McCammon had 10.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7